The Man Of The Shroud
As a part of its 15th anniversary celebration, Spirit Catholic Radio, in partnership with the Knights of Columbus, is bringing "The Man of the Shroud" exhibit to nine communities across Nebraska. This free exhibit, on loan from The National Shrine of St. Maximilian Kolbe - Marytown, Libertyville, Illinois, includes a life-size photographic transparency that replicates the Holy Shroud of Turin and features 92 panels of information about the shroud, death and resurrection of Jesus! Make plans to experience the power, history and beauty of the Holy Shroud of Turin when it visits Norfolk. You can visit the exhibit at the Norfolk Catholic High School cafeteria on July 22-27. For more information contact Karl at 402-371-2621.
Back to School Fun Night
Saturday, August 16th - All NC School Families are invited for night of fun as we kick off the 2014-2015 School Year! Join us for Mass at 5:30 pm followed by pizza, games and a movie! We will be showing "God is Not Dead" at dusk. Hope to see you all there!!
NC Athletic Booster Club Annual Golf Tournament
Saturday, August 16th at El Dorado Hills.
Start time is 11:00 am
Two Person scramble, Cost per team is $100.
All proceeds go toward our athletic programs at NC
- A new vehicle will be given away for a hole in one
- On two holes $500 will be given away for the closest to the pin
Teams can register by calling Tammy at the high school or emailing her at email@example.com
A Christian Experience for High School Sophomores
Quest weekend is August 23rd & 24th, to register please complete the Retreat Registration Form and return it to the Sacred Heart Parish Office.
THE FUND FOR NC
All Families and Alumni have received information on The Fund for NC! Please help us reach our goal by making your gift TODAY!
For more information on The Fund for NC - Click HERE!
Color Run-SAVE THE DATE!
Norfolk Catholic will be hosting our 1st ever COLOR RUN as a fundraiser for tuition assistance on Saturday, Sept 6th! Here is all the information you need! Save the Date - AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
With summer right around the corner, here is a listing of all the different camps available/associated with Norfolk Catholic.
Click on each camp for more information and for sign-up forms! (Check back often, as we will be adding camps to this as coaches get their details finalized!!!)
- Band Camp - Monday/Tuesday, August 4th/5th (incoming 7th-12th grades)
- Big Red Softball Academy Camp
- Norfolk Catholic Boys Basketball Camps: Grades 4-6 Grades 7-8 Grades 9-12
- Norfolk Catholic Girls Basketball Camps: Grades 4-6 Grades 7-8 Grades 9-12 Doug Brown League Schedule
- Norfolk Catholic Football Camps: Grades 5-8 Grade 9 Grades 10-12
- Northeast Nebraska Football Camp (Grades 7-12)
- Norfolk Catholic Lady Knight Volleyball Camp (Grades 4-8)
- SPEED CAMP (Grades 7-12)
- Theatre Camp (incoming grades 4-8) Dates are: June 12/13, June 16-20 with final performance on June 21st The play will be "My Name is Rumpelstiltskin". Please sign up by June 2nd!
- Track - THROWERS CAMP
- Track - Pole Valut Camp
- Show Choir Retreat - August 6th & 7th (for selected members)
- Wrestling Camp - Grades 7-12
CONCESSION STAND SCHEDULE
Click HERE to sign-up to help with concession stands or to check the scheduled volunteers.
TICKET TAKER SCHEDULE FOR ATHLETIC EVENTS
Click HERE to volunteer your time to take tickets at one of our many home athletic events!
Family Stewardship is an invitation to EVERY school family at Norfolk Catholic to become engaged in our School Community. You can read all about it by clicking HERE.
Wondering how to log your hours of service? Click HERE for an easy instruction sheet on how to do this.
A "MUST SEE" spot on our web site where NCHS School Counselor, Mr. Doug Moore, has all kinds of tips and tools for college planning and beyond. Check back frequently, as new information on college visits, ACT testing and MORE is added! Click HERE to visit The Counselors Corner!
Can you help fill the needs of one of the items on our School Wish List? Click HERE for an on-going listing of items that are wished for, but not included in our budget.
- Jon Gordon Presentation Aug 11, 8:30am
- Sub-Teacher Orientation Aug 11, 6:00pm
- New Teacher Orientation Aug 13
- Cross Country Meeting Aug 13, 6:30pm
- Teacher Inservice Aug 14-15
- 7th Grade Orientation Aug 14, 7:00pm
- Back to School Fun Night Aug 16, 5:30pm
- Teacher Inservice Aug 18-19
- Meet the Teacher Night Aug 18, 5:30pm
- First Day of School Aug 20
SAVE THE DATE FOR SPIRIT 2014:
SPIRIT will be held on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH, 2014!
Ideas for next year's Spirit, please call Leisa Piper at 402-371-9256 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GO & MAKE DISCIPLES!
Strategic Plan for Norfolk Catholic School Click HERE for the most up to date copy of the entire Strategic Plan for Norfolk Catholic School.
NC Parent Primetime
Come join the conversation and be part of our family! Norfolk Catholic School -- Together we are one!
Join us for our next parent meeting Tuesday, July 22nd at Noon in the Parish Center
Feel free to bring your own "Brown Bag" lunch; lemonade and iced tea will be provided. Fr. Andrews will join us for the conversation on this day. ** Free babysitting will be available**
To see the initial invitation letter from Mr. Berryman click here.
Thanks to all who attended the June 26th Parent Coffee, to see the follow up letter click here.