MONDAY, MARCH 10, 2014
Prayer: Beloved God, you always hear your Son, because he is one with you. Whatever he does, he does with you. Through him, may we come to know you and to adore the power that created us. We ask this through your Son, our Life, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the following students on being named “Students of the Month” for February:
7th grade - Emily Cook 10th grade - David Engelhaupt
8th grade - Peyton Love 11th grade - Geena Piper
9th grade - Cameron Carney 12th grade - Daniel Stewart
2. The following is a list of senior scholarships available in the guidance office along with the deadline date:
Wayne State College Art Scholarships March 10th
What Makes Your School Rock March 14th
Cooper Foundation Scholarship March 15th
Knights of Columbus Scholarship March 25th
Constance K. Rife Scholarship March 31st
Nebraska Legal Professionals Association March 31st
Steve Wemhoff Scholarship April 1st
American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 16 April 1st
Lincoln Builders Bureau April 1st
Sacred Heart Altar Society April 2nd
Norfolk Morning Optimist Scholarship April 4th
Northeast Nebraska Chapter of the UNL Alumni Assoc. April 10th
3. There will be a boys soccer parent meeting tonight from 6:00 – 6:30 in the high school cafeteria.
4. Class registration for next year’s freshmen will take place tonight at 7:00 in the high school cafeteria.
5. There will be a yearbook meeting tonight at 6:30 in the library computer lab.
6. There will be a parent meeting for set building of the Musical, tonight at 7:00 in the music room. Crew members parents are welcome as well!
7. There will be a Jr. High track meeting, for anyone planning on going out for track, on Tuesday, March 11th at 3:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
8. The high school boys basketball banquet will be held on Tuesday, March 11th at 6:00 p.m. in the parish center. It will be a pot luck.
9. National Honor Society applications for the 2014-2015 school year are available in the guidance office. Students in grades 9-11 that have a grade point average of 3.5 are eligible to apply. Applications must be returned to the guidance office by March 21st.
10. The following college representatives will be coming to visit with interested Juniors & Seniors:
Wayne State College - Wednesday, March 12th at 8:45 a.m.
University of Nebraska @ Omaha - Monday, March 17th at 11:30 a.m.
Midland University - Wednesday, March 19th at 11:30 a.m.
11. The Norfolk Arts Center Parochial and Public Art Show will be on display at the Arts Center through Friday, March 28th.
12. The yearbook staff needs a senior picture from the following seniors immediately: Edorado Bernard, Matthew Brtek, Nathan Brtek, Cris Calvillo, Jocie Dominguez, Kegan Ehlers, Justas Grikstas, Morgan Hauser, Brad Irlmeier, Brittany Kelberlau, Austin Kellogg, Andy Mendez, Ryan Olmer, Kaylee Philbrick, Amaris Stebbing.
These seniors need to turn in a baby picture right away: Edorado Bernard, Matthew Brtek, Nathan Brtek, Cris Calvillo, Jocie Dominguez, Kegan Ehlers, Justas Grikstas, Morgan Hauser, Derek Holmquist, Brad Irlmeier, Jennifer Keenan, Brittany Kelberlau, Austin Kellogg, Andy Mendez, Ryan Olmer, Kaylee Philbrick, Amaris Stebbing.
13. Organization pictures for the yearbook will be taken tomorrow starting at 8:30 a.m. Please dress nicely if you belong to any organization that will have their picture taken. Sponsors of these activities will be expected to be a part of the picture as well. Pictures will be taken in the cafeteria.
14. We will have an All-School Mass on Wednesday at 8:20 a.m.
15. EMHC’s for Mass on Wednesday will be Ashley Cattau, Kegan Ehlers, Morgan Hauser, Joelle Heng and Kristin Maguire.
16. All order forms and money for boys soccer shirts must be turned in to the office by the end of the day today.
17. Sign-up in the office if you would like to order a Futures shirt. Cost is $10.00. You need to sign-up and pay for shirts by this Thursday, March 13th.
18. These students still need to pay for their FBLA shirts: Devon Lockman, Mason Vrbka, Caleb DeMoss, Bethannie Benda, Joe Braithwait, Ryan Olmer, Matt Busch, Kegan Ehlers, Rachel Field, Mark Uhlir. All shirts need to be paid for by tomorrow!!
19. The Drug Free Youth (D-FY) group will be having a lock-in on Saturday, March 22nd from 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the YMCA. All high school students are welcome to attend. Registration forms are in the guidance office and must be returned to the guidance office by March 20th. D-FY is a group of high school students from Norfolk Public, Norfolk Catholic and Lutheran High. Their mission is to support the development of healthy, productive, drug-free youth. They know how hard it is to be a teenager, so come to the lock-in to have some fun! There will be food, games, speakers, and prizes!
20. Need Living Faith Hours? Scorekeepers are needed for the Annual Alumni Basketball and Volleyball Tournaments on Friday and Saturday, March 21st & 22nd. This is a fun (and pretty easy) way to earn your hours while helping out a huge event for our school! Sign-up in the school office if you are able to give a couple hours of your time!!
21. The 2014 Academy and Military Information Day will take place on Saturday, March 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at Lincoln North Star High School. This is an opportunity for high school students and their parents to learn about the service academy nomination process. Information regarding the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC), Military Tuition Assistance, and the National Guard and Reserve forces will also be available. Contact the guidance office for more information.
22. Lunch Clean-Up: 1st Lunch – Devon DeMoss, Carson Dominisse
2nd Lunch – Abbie Smith, Andrea Smith, Michael Stinson