Daily HS Announcements - Monday, September 23, 2019
Prayer: Lord God, we thank you for the ministry of Saint Pio, and we pray that like him, we may hear the word of God and do it. We ask this through our brother, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to Kellen Carney & Anna Kassmeier on being crowned Homecoming King & Queen on Saturday night!
2. Congratulations to the High School Band on taking 1st place at the parade competition on Saturday! - 2 YEARS IN A ROW FOR THEM!
3. The football team was defeated by Bancroft-Rosalie/Lyons-Decatur on Friday night.
4. The freshman volleyball team went 1-2 and finished in 4th place at the Norfolk Public tournament on Saturday.
5. Congratulations to the J.V. volleyball team on going 2-1 at the Scotus Central Catholic tournament on Saturday.
6. Girls golf at Hartington C.C. today starting at 9:00 a.m.
7. Jr. High volleyball at Guardian Angels C.C. today beginning at 4:00 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 2:15 p.m. to leave by 2:30 p.m.
8. A representative from the University of Nebraska at Kearney will be here on Wednesday, September 25th from 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. to visit with interested Juniors & Seniors. Sign-up by Tuesday, September 24th.
9. There will be a Senior and Senior Parent meeting tonight at 6:00 in the high school cafeteria. Mrs. Wieser will be informing students and parents about how she will be helping seniors this year. Please plan to attend the ½ hour meeting.
10. There will be a National Honor Society meeting this Friday, September 27th during 5th period study hall & lunch. Mrs. Wieser will provide lunch.
11. 7th grade Band Members: Mrs. Wieser will be starting the study skills/character building/career groups in her office today and tomorrow.
12. Parents - Looking for help in the technology battle? Attend a parents only workshop on Wednesday, September 25th from 6:30 - 7:45 p.m. at the Sacred Heart Parish Center. You will learn about currently trending applications among today’s youth under the lens of safety, privacy, and content, and will be provided with the tools and resources necessary to better manage your children’s digital usage at home. The workshop is presented by Smart Gen Society.
13. Living Faith Opportunities:
-Saturday, October 5th - students needed to help with various jobs at the YMCA for the Buddy Walk. Contact Mrs. Maas at 402-649-5677 for questions and to sign-up.
14. Lunch Clean-Up:
--1st Lunch - Sam Speidel, Savina Tangeman, Reilly Vrbsky, Daniel Vuchetich
--2nd Lunch - Preston Bamsey, Dillon Barnes, Carter Barrett, Liz Bernal, Hailey Blank, Dalton Brunsing