Daily HS Announcements - Friday, March 22, 2019
Prayer: Lord God, Giver of Gifts, We thank you for the rosary, a very special gift from you. Teach us to pray with all our hearts, so that Mary’s loving care will lead us to your Son. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the following students on being named “Students of the Month” for February:
-12th grade - Rylan Rasmussen
-11th grade - Hayden Wolf
-10th grade - Travis Kalous, Sienna Sohler
-9th grade - Emily Drevecky, Isaac Wilcox
-8th grade - Keaton Snodgrass
-7th grade - Kyan Clausen
2. All-State Band is taking place in Kearney today & tomorrow.
3. Baseball at Lincoln East today. Brett O’Brien and Brady DeMoss will be dismissed at 12:00 noon.
4. Girls & boys soccer at home on Saturday vs. Hastings. The girls will play at 11:00 a.m. followed by the boys at 1:00 p.m.
5. Today is the deadline to turn National Honor Society applications into Mrs. Wieser.
6. Below is a list of local and state scholarships along with the due date or deadline:
-Nebraska School Counselor Scholarship - March 30th
-Faith Regional Health Volunteer Services Scholarship - March 30th
-Steve Wemhoff Scholarship - April 1st
-McKenna’s Rae of Hope Mental Health Scholarship - April 1st
-McKenna’s Rae of Hope Character Scholarship - April 1st
-Cooper Foundation Scholarship - April 1st
-Noon Kiwanis Scholarship - April 5th
-Fiedler Eye Clinic Scholarship - April 10th
-Norfolk, NE American Legion Senior Scholarship - April 15th (pick up in Mrs. Wieser’s room)
-Adelman Family Scholarship - April 15th (pick up in Mrs. Wieser’s room)
-Aaron Lund Memorial Scholarship - April 15th
-James Cox Foundation Scholarship - April 15th
-Jerry Pfeifer Memorial Scholarship - April 17th (pick up in Mrs. Wieser’s room)
More scholarships will be added to this list as they come in.
7. Midland University is hosting a Junior Jumpstart Day on Friday, April 5th from 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. The event is for current Sophomores and Juniors, along with their families. Information on transition from high school to college, panel discussions, an inside look at the day-to-day life of an undergraduate, and visits with academic advisors, athletic coaches, and performing arts directors highlight the day. Financial aid, career readiness, and more will also be discussed. You can register at info.midlandu.edu/jumpstart. If you plan on attending, please pick up a college visit form from Mrs. Wieser before you go.
8. Students are invited to register for an upcoming Teen Safe Driving Summit to be held at the Lifelong Learning Center in Norfolk on Saturday, April 13th from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The event is being organized by the “Teens in the Driver Seat” (TDS) team at Norfolk Senior High. There will be speakers along with several presentations and activities. Anyone wanting to attend (parents, students, teachers) must register by April 1st in order to receive a free t-shirt, lunch and materials. Click here to register.
9. Juniors - there will be mandatory Prom decorating in Burns Gym this Saturday, March 23rd from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and on Sunday, March 24th from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. If these times are not good, please talk to Ms. Freese or Mrs. Barnhill.
10. SENIOR PARENTS: Senior parents are in charge of hosting all the Post Prom Activities! Please sign-up for a time to help using this Google Doc or if you are having trouble with this form, contact Kelli Kautz or Leise Piper.
11. The 2018-2019 yearbooks are now on sale. Order forms were given to your Theology teacher. Please fill out the form and return it with your payment to your Theology teacher before Friday, April 5th to get the early bird rate of $45.00.
12. NC Musical Cast: There is a $30.00 costume fee per cast member. Please pay the school office ASAP. Thank you!
13. All students, grades 8-11, that are interested in being on the 2019-2020 cheer squad, please attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, March 26th in Burns Gym at 7:00 a.m. You will be provided information pertaining to making the squad as well as given permission forms to take home. Follow-up meeting times will be April 9th, 10th & 11th at 7:00 a.m. in Burns Gym.
14. Interested in going to the March for Life in Washington D.C. in January 2020? You can earn money toward your trip by volunteering at the Knights of Columbus Bingo concession stand! Shifts are 5:30 - 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday’s year-round. Each shift will earn you $50.00 toward the cost of the trip. Sign-up outside Mrs. Headley’s room or contact Sarah Merrill at (402) 841-7099 for more information.
15. Norfolk Catholic will be hosting a Dodgeball Tournament tonight. Any Jr. High and high school students that are interested in participating should sign-up with Mrs. Price, Mr. Sok or Max Wattier. See the blue sheets posted in the hallways for more information and rules.
16. The powder puff volleyball game that was scheduled for Saturday evening has been cancelled.