Daily HS Announcements - Thursday, May 16, 2019
Prayer: Father in heaven, help us to live according to your commandments and show our love through actions. We ask this through your Son, who showed his love by dying on the cross, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the following students on being named “Students of the Month” for May:
-12th grade - Bree Kucera
-11th grade - Ashtin Arens / Lauren Beutler
-10th grade - Jackson Clausen
-9th grade - Madeline Elworth / Jozy Piper
-8th grade - Josy Mrsny / Nolan Thramer
-7th grade - Hanna Brummer
2. High school show choir tryouts will be held today at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Tryouts are for any incoming freshman-senior in the 2019-2020 school year that are signed up for choir. Audition forms can be picked up outside of the Choir room.
3. ALL 2019 9-12 Volleyball players: Please stop by Coach Wickham’s room (312) and pick up a summer calendar and sports metrics application.
4. 7th grade girls that are playing summer basketball should get a schedule from Mr. Kassmeier today before leaving.
5. Students need to check the lost & found table by the cafeteria to claim any items that might be yours. All items will be donated after today.
6. Students and parents of students participating in summer lifting are encouraged to join the remind account that will be giving out updates in case of any schedule changes throughout the summer. To join, please text @ncsummer to 81010. Weight room hours this summer will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
8. Opportunity to earn money toward the 2020 March for Life Pilgrimage in Washington DC: Each shift at the Knights of Columbus BINGO concession stand is worth $50.00 toward the cost of your trip. Tuesday evening shifts are available throughout the summer. See the sign-up sheet outside Mrs. Headley’s room or call Sarah Merrill (402) 841-7099.
9. UNMC & Wayne State College will be hosting a 2019 Nursing Career Camp on Tuesday, July 30th & Wednesday, July 31st. This is for students in grades 10-12 (may have completed 12th grade). Please see the flyer posted on the counter in the office for more information.
10. Wayne State College will be holding a 2019 Camp CSI on Thursday, June 27th. There is a camp for students in grades 6-8 and one for students in grades 9-12. See the flyer in the office for more information.
11. The Early Learning Center is looking for individuals who want to work in a fun environment during the summer. They are open from 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., however the hours are flexible! If interested, please contact Kim Putney or Kate Bamsey. You can also stop by the aftercare room after school which is door #3 at the elementary school.
12. Project Homeless is looking for groups to help at the Mobile Food Pantry at Norfolk Senior High School on Friday, June 28th. They are in need of runners, people to unload trucks, grocery baggers, etc. Students interested in helping should contact their coach or sponsor to get signed-up.
13. News Channel Nebraska will be covering the state track meet on Thursday & Friday from Omaha. You can watch it on cable Channel 35 or it is listed on their homepage under the UPCOMING tab http://ncnsportsnow.com/