Norfolk Catholic Schools' curriculum is designed to prepare the student for college as well as in the working world. The main thrust is toward a broad "liberal arts" offering. After consultation with the school counselor, each student can decide in advance what direction his or her program will take. Norfolk Catholic High School benefits in some "shared time" courses with Norfolk Public.
In the four-year program of high school studies, the following 160 hours of credit are required:
- Theology - 4 years = 40 hours
- Social Science - 3 years = 30 hours
- Science - 2 years = 20 hours
- English - 4 years = 40 hours
- Speech - 1 quarter = 2.5 hours
- Mathematics - 2 years = 20 hours
An additional year of Math, Science, or Social Science - 10 hours
TOTAL HOURS needed for Graduation (minimum) = 230 Credit Hours.
To be considered a full-time student at Norfolk Catholic School, he/she must be enrolled in 7 subjects per semester.
REQUIRED COURSES FOR ADMISSION INTO COLLEGE (the following courses are typically required for admission into four-year colleges and universities):
- English: 4 years of intensive reading and writing
- Math: 4 years including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry
- Social Science: 3 years of American History, World History, Government or Geography
- Natural Sciences: 3 years including Biology, Chemisty, Physics or Earth Sciences
- World Language: 2 years of the same language